Tuesday, August 23, 2016

HOW TO PASS THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER


Planning a trip for how many months, booked and paid tickets, placed a hotel is not all joke. And suddenly, you will be offloaded by the immigration officer because of incomplete documents or suspicious purpose of travel.  So this is a helpful tip I can share.

I purchased a promo ticket last January. Suntok sa buwan ang ginawa ko because of off loading issue in airlines especially to those singles ladies and who travel alone, but since its just 5,100 for 2 way ticket, nagbakasakali pa rin ako at nilubos ko na. My entry ticket was Thailand and my exit, Vietnam.


 You must have these three to present to the Immigration Officer before you are allowed to board:
  1. Valid passport
  2. Roundtrip ticket
  3. Visa, if applicable
But if there is a secondary inspection from the officer, you have to prepare few important documents. If you are employed, prepare a vacation leave, signed by the manager, pay slip for the past months, ITR (Income Tax Return) and a bank account if no sponsor. The most important, your two way ticket and your booked hotels. If you say that you’ll stay to a friend or relatives, they might ask you an invitation letter from your relatives/friend. So, the bank statement is a big help if you show to the immigration officer that you can sustain all your needs during stay and your purchased ticket receipt if you were the one who purchase it.

It is based on my own experience. Since I own a business, it was really big help. I prepared all necessary documents that they might ask from me. Such as business permit, monthly tax, bills payment. I also prepared my official transcript of record, birth certificate and bank statement for the past 3 months. Original copies are not necessary. Mas ok na yung over prepared ka kesa sa under prepared. These documents are very helpful and be honest to all your answers because immigration officer will not look only your documents. So this is the story:

3 hours before my flight, I arrived in terminal 3, went for check-in. Before enter to Immigration, fill up a departure Card, pass to security check, and go to the lane of immigration booth. Since yung passport ko ay kaka renew pa, as in kakukuha ko lang days before my flight,and solo travel ko pa, ayun na ang simula ng storya. the officer gave me form to fill up and ushered me to waiting area, May mga tables ng officers na nag iinteriew pero iisa lang ang officer don and honestly, super ako sa kaba lalo at ang isang nadatnan ko, ay umiyak na dahil offloaded sya for reasons.  I waited for my turn hanggang sa ako na ang nasa harap ng office. These are the questions of the officer to me:

1.    “Who you will be travel with? “ (while checking my filled up form)
2.    “Where are you going to stay? “
-this point, you should know the hotel and even the owner you are going to stay with. You don’t need to memorize it. I just answer the officer the street and the name of the hotel since I have Alzheimer’s disease  :D
3.    “What are you going to do in (the place where you go) alone? “
4.    “Any tourist spot you are interested in? “
5.    “Nagtatrabaho? “ ( I answered I have business)
6.    “Do you have proofs? Patingin ako.” (nilabas ko folder ng documents na ni-ready ko) ilabas mo na lahat malay mo makatulong.” He said, kaya binigay ko na lang lahat. Tapos binusisis nya. I was relaxed because all my papers are clean and not fake.
7.    “Who purchased your ticket? “ ( I just answered, I purchased it  myself since it was under promotion by the airline, I then said my reciept is in the older I gave him.)

And viola! Just answer confidently, don’t be rattle or kabahan, it might give the officer the idea that you are lying. He scanned my papers carefully and then he gets some of it and placed besides him. He then gave back to me the unnecessary documents and said, “sige balik ka na sa linya, patatak mo na passport mo. Pero sa susunod, pag may promo, magyaya ka” in serious tone.. I don't know if it was a joke and  I just laugh and bid goodbye and thank the officer.

Sa mga nabasa kong experiences sa blogs, na inaabot ng isa hanggang almost 2 hours ang interrogation sa immigration, I was so thankful and blessed because it took just 5-7 minutes ang convo naming ng officer.

3 comments:

  1. Nakz bf an galing. ...certified lakwatsera talaga he hehe sa susunod nalang kami sasama sa next n abroad n lakwatsa m . ...ingatz lagi muah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nakz bf an galing. ...certified lakwatsera talaga he hehe sa susunod nalang kami sasama sa next n abroad n lakwatsa m . ...ingatz lagi muah

    ReplyDelete