Thursday, August 25, 2016

Thailand 3rd Day: Scammer Encounter


I booked a travel ticket on my 2nd day from Bangkok-Siem reap for only 450 baht. The private van leaves at 8am.
            Where ever you go, there is no safe place. Scammers are everywhere. As I have told you, before go for a trip and plan it, read blogs from another traveler to learn more.
I read more than 5blogs on how to cross the border from Thailand-Siem reap but then that was not the only thing I read. Scammers were real. This is my story based on my experience.
            Our van stops in a look like Restaurant after 3hours of travel, the driver announced we have to transfer to another van. I was the only asian in the group and surely the one who did research. 4 men appears and trying to help us with our luggage. At dahil mag isa ko lang, the tall man ushered me inside the restaurant. Pagkaupo ko pa lang sa table, he asked for my passport, tinignan nya each pages and he then told me, to sign an imiigration form for an easier process “kuno” pagdating sa border, I just have to pay 100 bhat. So it slowly clears in my mind, “eto na! eto na nga yung nabasa ko!” so I asked the tall man to give me back my passport and I dont have to pay anything. And heto na, he insisted me to sign doon pa lang because of a long cue sa border daw, or else my bus will leave me. DON’T EVER BELIEVE. The bus will never ever leave you until sa matapos ka. I saw my group, signing forms and paid 100 baht so I pity them. I want to warn them pero mahigpit ang bantay nila and ito pa, magkakalayo kaming lahat ng mesa as if we were having a final exams.
While waiting for another van, may mga ibang tourist pang nagdadatingan at ganun din ang ginawa nila. I saw couples, nagmamadaling lumayo sa place habang ang isa humahabol para lang maka scam. I knew it, they both did their research also. And finally after almost an hour, the van arrives to send us in Arranyaparet-Poi Pet border.
Note: before leaving that scambug restaurant, don’t ever forget to ask your sticker. It will serve as your ticket. If you failed to ask for it, no chance for you to ride a bus from Poi-pet border – siemriep.

Crossing Aranyaparet-Poi pet Border
Pagbaba ng Van at Aranyaparet, just follow people kung saan ang punta nila or sumabay ka sa mga dayuhan na kasabayan mo. Parang MRT/LRT lang, kung saan madaming tao, don ka na. Akyat ka sa building, you can see the Departure sign, pasok ka na lang and go to the lane. I don’t need to sign a departure card already since sa plane palang from Manila, stewardess gave us an arrival and departure card. Then after the immigration officer stamped your passport, go to the exit and makipagpatintero sa mga sasakyan at mga tao sa kalsada. Go to the white building, you can see the Arrival sign and you can see foreigners signing an arrival card (yun yung mga binibenta ng mga scammers). I signed the card immediately, then nakipila na ko, after less than 3minutes na nakipila, I got my Cambodian stamped. May mga sasalubong naman na sayo, they will look after your sticker if you were the one of their passenger. So I told you, ask and be careful with your sticker.
            Since maaga akong natapos, I waited in waiting area dahil madami pang kasunod na turista. I tried buying Cambodian simcard for $3! But its worth it, I connected in free internet in that instant.

So finally, we’re all in the bus na papuntang big bus station. It’s another bus ulit, (yes, madaming transfer, so if I were you, don’t bring to much abubot), from Poi Pet going to Siem Reap where I met Yuan, a 22 years old Chinese girl who are brave enough to travel alone.

After 2 hours travel, here comes Siem Riep!

No comments:

Post a Comment